Perfect In Case of Slips or Falls!
Get Security and Protection for Yourself or Your Loved ones with our Medical Alert Systems.
Stay Safe in Your Own Home. Don’t Delay – Call Today!
Call hours – Mon-Sun 7am-7pm
Medical Alert Systems for Seniors in Piermont, New York
A medical alert system in Piermont can offer many senior and disabled individuals with the capability to reside on their own, and work out a high degree of self-reliance. Here’s exactly what you have to know prior to signing up with a medical alert system supplier.
Technically, an alert system is usually comprised of a wrist band transmitter– looking like a wrist watch– or a necklace-type transmitter that is worn at all times. If the person should have a medical problem or accident, they can just push a button on the worn transmitter to communicate with the medical alert tracking center.
This assists the monitoring center specialist to better encourage you in case of a medical emergency, and they may also send out emergency medical help if needed. Optionally, the tracking center can be instructed to also contact one or more of your relatives whenever the help button is pressed.The cost of a medical alert system can vary inning accordance with the level of service you require, however in general they are a very reasonably-priced option to assisted living centers.
Medical Alert Systems with Fall Detection
The best Medical alert systems have actually come a long way in the last 5 years. Today’s sophisticated systems can discover when a user has fallen instantly.
Piermont Medical Alert System
Piermont Medical Alert System
7 out of
Medical Alert Necklace
Millions of individuals suffer from a number of harmful medical conditions, which can consist of cardiovascular problems, diabetes, asthma, neurological conditions, allergies, fainting, epilepsy, memory loss or loss of sight, to call a few. The situation becomes all the more severe when an individual lives alone.
Medical Alert pendants are very handy for such individuals. These pendants and the pendants with them can be inscribed with brief but important medical bio information and the ID of the patient– for example, his/her name, phone number, name of the medical professional and a quick description of the person’s illness. They can be made in gorgeous styles in steel, sterling silver or gold.
In addition to the above details, such necklaces can also be fitted with very small, light-weight and non-intrusive electronic medical alarm transmitter buttons created to alert emergency services in the event of a medical problem. If you slip and fall in your restroom and fracture your hip, all you require to do is to press the button on your locket and you can get assist in a brief time. This system can link to your home telephone line and location a call for help. Your family members, friends and physician receive the alert, and the doctor reaches you with the assistance you require. These gadgets may be pricey, but a little search may enable you to find you affordable medical alarm systems. These devices are fitted with batteries, which have a pretty long life.
Medical Alert Bracelet
Medical alert bracelets are individual alarm systems which connect you to an experienced reaction center in occasion of an emergency. Before you decide to utilize this kind of system, there are a few things you ought to know, however taking advantage of the systems available will give you back your self-reliance, allowing you to live your life as you desire, having assurance that action teams are just a button press away.
With personal health becoming more crucial to more individuals, numerous are looking to utilize medical alert bracelets in order to appropriately recognize their medical concerns in case of a mishap or medical emergency.
Elegant lockets, pendants, and bracelets are offered; and medical alert ID bracelets particularly come beaded and in lots of attractive metals for grownups and kids. Forget stainless steel – nowadays, medical alert ID bracelets likewise come in gold.
Once you pick the very best medical alert bracelet for you, it’s important that you wear the button perpetuity. These are generally waterproof, which means there is no reason to remove them, guaranteeing you have protection and comfort you need all times.
As in an emergency, perhaps a slip or fall in the home, all you need to do is push the button on the bracelet. When you push the button a call goes through to a response center through the base, which is a trendy piece of equipment which get connected via your telephone line. It’s that simple.
Emergency Buttons and Medical Alert button in 10968
Panic Buttons for the senior are readily available in many options and with numerous features. Generally a panic button is an emergency button which can be pressed in case of an emergency, whether it be a fall, or cardiac arrest. These panic buttons can be used around the neck or as a bracelet.
The individual in distress presses a button, which sends out a signal. Normally this will position an emergency call to the numbers currently configured into the system.
When a person takes the call, he is asked to enter in a number. If the number is entered correctly, then the system presumes that it is a live person and not an answering device. The system will play the message for the individual raising the call.
In a 2-way system, a 2-way communication is established in between the individual in distress and the emergency alert provider. This is why it is crucial you select a trusted company. It is well worth the few extra dollars spent monthly, in return for quality service and reaction.
Some 2-way provider will supply additional service. For instance some alarm companies will bring up medical records of the client to determine if he has any known medical issues. This ensures immediate service and can avoid a great deal of hassle and frustration.
Panic buttons for the elderly can be worn as a bracelet, pendant or on the belt. They are typically water proof so there is no issues with the emergency alert systems getting spoiled due to moisture.
Senior Alert Systems and Medical Alert Devices FAQ
- Do You want a Home-Based or Mobile System?
Initially, medical alert systems were developed to work inside your home, with your landline telephone.
And you can still go that route. Many companies likewise now offer the choice of home-based systems that work over a cellular network, for those who may not have a landline.
With these systems, pressing the wearable call button enables you to speak with a dispatcher through a base system located in your home.
However numerous business use mobile options, too. You can utilize these systems in your home, however they’ll also permit you to call for help while you’re out and about.
These operate over cellular networks and incorporate GPS technology. In this manner, if you get lost or push the call button for assistance however are unable to talk, the tracking service can locate you.
- Should You Add a Fall-Detection Feature?
Some companies offer the option of automatic fall detection, for an additional monthly fee. Manufacturers say these devices sense falls when they occur and automatically contact the dispatch center, just as they would if you had pressed the call button.
- Whats the Cost?
Fees. Beware of complicated pricing plans and hidden fees. Look for a company with no extra fees related to equipment, shipping, installation, activation, or service and repair. Don’t fall for scams that offer free service or “donated or used” equipment.
Contracts. You should not have to enter into a long-term contract. You should only have to pay ongoing monthly fees, which should range between $25 and $45 a month (about $1 a day). Be careful about paying for service in advance, since you never know when you’ll need to stop the service temporarily (due to a hospitalization, for instance) or permanently.
Guarantee and cancellation policies. Look for a full money-back guarantee, or at least a trial period, in case you are not satisfied with the service. And you’ll want the ability to cancel at any time with no penalties (and a full refund if monthly fees have already been paid).
Discounts. Ask about discounts for multiple people in the same household, as well as for veterans, membership organizations, medical insurance or via a hospital, medical or care organization. Ask if the company offers any discount options or a sliding fee scale for people with lower incomes.
Insurance. For the most part, Medicare and private insurance companies will not cover the costs of a medical alert. In some states Medicaid may cover all or part of the cost. You can check with your private insurance company to see if it offers discounts or referrals.
Tax deductions. Check with your tax professional to find out if the cost of a medical alert is tax deductible as a medically necessary expense.
Where can i buy a Personal Emergency Response System in Piermont, NY
A medical alarm can produce a huge difference in the lives of elderly people and people with special needs. Also known as a medical alert or Personal Emergency Response System (PERS), it was created to signal the presence of a hazard needing instant awareness and summon emergency medical workers. Seniors or disabled people residing by themselves are the primary users of this kind of device.
Household accidents are common, but there are instances where they can be fatal. These are mostly cases where victims may have made it if help had showed up sooner. Seniors or individuals with disabilities have a higher risk for these things, and may be unable to cope with them without having assistance. This is when a medical alarm could be invaluable.
The standard of help that wearers of medical alert system have entitlement to is another major selling point. People who answer calls at the monitoring center are trained to handle medical emergencies and will provide instant assistance. Users’ private information is usually kept on file to ensure that good care and precautions are taken when responding to medical problems or emergencies.
Among the reasons why elderly people move to assisted living facilities and leave their homes is the fear that there won’t be any one to help in an emergency or accident while living alone. However, there are many who feel that they may lose their sense of independence inside a an elderly care facility or retirement home. Using a medical alarm can successfully eliminate the primary reason for going into an assisted living situation and allows seniors to have their dignity and freedom intact.
Just like all consumer products, medical alert systems vary in terms of price and features such as range, hours of standby power, repair and replacement options, payment options, and setup time. There are numerous providers and vendors for this service, so it is important to do some research and product comparison before buying. This way, users can be assured of a product that fits their needs and lifestyle.
Elderly Monitoring System in Rockland County
Elderly monitoring system technology is not new, and yet many seniors are resistant to using them. They often feel they intrude on their privacy. However, there are many benefits to choosing an elderly monitoring system.
The biggest benefit of all is that it can allow seniors to stay in their homes longer. It is often called age in place technology. As seniors age, and their risks of accident, injury, and falls increase, many family members and loved ones start to worry. What would happen if the senior were to get hurt or become sick, and be unable to call for help? A small bump in the road could turn into a life-threatening situation. However, elderly monitoring systems provide the senior a way of being alone, without being without help.
Such systems allow seniors to remain in their homes rather than using assisted living facilities, and at a fraction of the price. This means seniors can maintain a lot of their independence, while still protecting their health and remaining safe.
Another benefit of choosing an elderly monitoring system is that it reduces the stress and worry for family and caregivers. Knowing that mom or dad has the ability to call for help in an emergency situation means that there will be a lot less nagging, and a lot more enjoying.
Many caregivers are unpaid family members trying to juggle the stresses of their own life, career, and family, with that of caring for a loved ones. A monitoring system can help take some of the worry and stress away, and lighten the load for the caregiver.
Compare Medical Alert Systems
It is a common practice for companies to compare their medical alert systems with those produced by other companies. Besides, companies provide comparison of their own products. Some of these alert systems come with warranty whereas some do not have one. Many of these products are endorsed by major medical foundations.
Life Alert is one of the best known medical alert systems on the market today. They are famous for the “I’ve fallen and can’t get up” TV commercials. They have two major product lines; Life Alert 50+ and Life Alert Classic.
Life Alert is built around medical alert monitoring and do not have any other product lines. They have been a player in the industry for years and have built one of the best offerings available. They offer several features such as fire, carbon monoxide, and fall monitoring. There is installation service available. They also offer a refund if the user dies alone in their home.
The monthly costs are much higher than other services. This is due one of the largest and best known companies in the industry. Purchasing medical alert system is difficult and sales reps seemed to give differing information on each call. They have 24 hour monitoring but customer service is only available during business hours. They require a 3 year contract, which is much longer than any competitor. Additional options are expensive to add and increase monthly fees. They do not have activity monitoring or automated system testing. While they have many features, there is no fall monitor option available.
Med Alert Systems are not things worn only by seniors. Today anyone with medical issues can own one. This includes teenagers and elderly people alike. Who would benefit from these medical alert systems?
Anyone who is having serious medical issues, mobility issues, is under medication, is afraid to stay alone at home fall in this category.
It is nothing to be ashamed and you are not too young or too old to own one. More and more teenagers are using med alert systems as well. Diseases such as Asthma, Heart Attacks make it necessary to have a personal emergency system handy.
Walmart is a highly popular store chain, beloved by thousands of Americans for their low prices and wide choice of offers. While browsing their online store shelves you may come across some medical alert buttons as well. For example, they have a huge stockpile of different LogicMark units, but they also present GreatCall products, like their highly popular Splash button.
The worlds first 2-way emergency pendant communicator. Emergencies can happen in all parts of a home and frequently right outside a home in the yard or driveway. So whether you are just checking in with a friend, need some quick help from a neighbor, or are in an emergency, your portable communicator pendant will allow you to communicate your message instantly and efficiently from anywhere in and around your home. All with ONE button activation. Safety – Carry the emergency call button all over your home and yard with you, even in the shower.
Our Systems – Home Based
Our Systems – Mobile Based
How it Works
Request a Brochure
Address: Piermont, NY 10968, USA
Phone: (718) 790-4036
Major Cities we service around New York
New York City
More NY Cities we Service:
Piermont, New York
Piermont is a village incorporated in 1847 in Rockland County, New York, United States. Piermont is in the town of Orangetown, located north of the hamlet of Palisades, east of Sparkill, and south of Grand View-on-Hudson, on the west bank of the Hudson River. The population was 2,510 at the 2010 census.Woody Allen set The Purple Rose of Cairo, a fictional film within The Purple Rose of Cairo (1984) in Piermont.
The village's name, in earlier years known as Tappan Landing, was given by Dr. Eleazar Lord, author, educator, deacon of the First Protestant Dutch Church and first president of the Erie Railroad. It was derived by combining a local natural feature – Tallman Mountain – and the most prominent man-made feature of the village – the long Erie Railroad pier.
Sparkill Creek cuts through the north end of the Hudson Palisades, providing easy access to the fertile valley of the unnavigable upper Hackensack River. "Tappan Landing," "Tappan Slote", or "Taulman Landing," as the little port on the Hudson River was called, thus became the original port for southern Orange County. The valley in the Palisades created by the creek also provided a way for the Erie Railroad to easily reach the Hudson, and the railroad built a long pier in 1839 as its principal terminal. The pier and the nearby mountains suggested a new name for the community, which was incorporated as a village in 1850. During World War II the pier was the ferry terminal to which troops from Camp Shanks marched and were then transported to New York Port of Embarkation piers for transfer to overseas transports bound for the European Theater. A memorial plaque notes that history at the pier.
Piermont - Latest - Google News Google News
- NYC Mom of Dead 6-Year-Old Charged With Endangering 2 Other Kids as Autopsy Pends - NBC New York
GHS teacher performed with two iconic Motown groups - Torrington Register Citizen
GHS teacher performed with two iconic Motown groups Torrington Register Citizen
- Tiempo with Joe Torres: "Buen Provecho" and Yonkers schools - WABC-TV
Dead man found floating in Hudson River in Harlem - New York Daily News
Dead man found floating in Hudson River in Harlem New York Daily News
- Fill the Grill With Local Ridgewood Burgers | Ridgewood, NJ News TAPinto - TAPinto.net
- Councilmember Velazquez invites residents to celebrate Family Day at Ferry Point Park - News 12 Bronx
Up to the Minute Greenwich Property Transfers, May 9-11, 2023 - Greenwich Free Press
Up to the Minute Greenwich Property Transfers, May 9-11, 2023 Greenwich Free Press
- Stamford Police Issue Traffic Advisory For Memorial Day Parade - Patch
- UPDATE: Yet Another Memorial Day Weekend Fire Ravages Upper Saddle River Home - Daily Voice
Orthopedic Advancements - Hackensack Meridian Health
Orthopedic Advancements Hackensack Meridian Health
- Paterson Mourns the Loss of Francisco Arturo Mantilla: A True Visionary and Community Leader - TAPinto.net
- Yorktown Parks and Rec Holds First Annual Car Show - TAPinto.net
- Heroes: Paterson Community Policing Division Enhancing Trust in Law Enforcement by Building Relationships with Teens, Young Adults - TAPinto.net
- PUBLIC NOTICE: Paterson Housing Authority Board of Commissioners to Hold Special Meeting - TAPinto.net
- Construction Breaks Ground at 33 Westchester Place in New Rochelle - New York YIMBY
- Travel nurse agencies reap millions from N.Y. emergency order - Times Union
- NY passed a microstamping gun law. It's already months behind schedule. - Gothamist
- Stamford residents could speak before Reps votes on openings - CT Insider
- Greenwich polo returns, Pride at town hall and other neighborhood notes - Greenwich Time
Touro College of Dental Medicine celebrates Class of 2023 - Mid Hudson News Website
Touro College of Dental Medicine celebrates Class of 2023 Mid Hudson News Website
- Will NYC have another hot shark summer? Experts say 'maybe' and that's OK. - Gothamist
- Consent Agenda for May 23 Hasbrouck Heights Council | Hasbrouck Heights/Wood-Ridge/Teterboro, NJ News TAPinto - TAPinto.net
- Baldwin musician knocks it out of the park with trumpet solo performance - liherald.com
- Comprehensive long-range plan for Sea Cliff is nearing completion - liherald.com
- Offbeat Artifacts raises $2500 for Sea Cliff Village Library - liherald.com
- Bronx CB7 Honors Veterans at Bronx Victory Memorial as Pride Flag Issue Continues - Norwood News
- Annual Bronx street festival held ahead of National Puerto Rican Day Parade - WABC-TV
- Hawthorne Tidy-Up Day in Time for Memorial Day Commemoration - TAPinto.net
City to house migrants at old Harlem correctional facility - Spectrum News NY1
City to house migrants at old Harlem correctional facility Spectrum News NY1
- The Schomburg Center Hosts 5th Annual Literary Festival with All-Day Celebration of Black Culture and Writers - City Life Org
Thousands celebrate Memorial Day weekend at Playland in Westchester - PIX11 New York News
Thousands celebrate Memorial Day weekend at Playland in Westchester PIX11 New York News
- Former Fair Lawn Mayor, Bob Landzettel, Remembered This Memorial Weekend - TAPinto.net
- Bloomingdale School of Music Presents The 23rd Annual Performathon and BBQ - City Life Org
- HEROES: Firefighters, Police Unite To Rescue Dog In Pascack Valley House Fire - Daily Voice
- Bronx mother pleads for safe return of her missing 13-year-old daughter - News 12 Bronx
Bergen County Players to Present "From Screen to Stage" - New Jersey Stage
Bergen County Players to Present "From Screen to Stage" New Jersey Stage
- What does Memorial Day Mean to Ridgewood? | Ridgewood, NJ News TAPinto - TAPinto.net
Town of Clarkstown Memorial Day Ceremony - RocklandNews
Town of Clarkstown Memorial Day Ceremony RocklandNews
Take the Pledge – Don't Drink and Drive - RocklandNews
Take the Pledge – Don't Drink and Drive RocklandNews
- House Fire Ravages Englewood Home | Englewood Daily Voice | Serving Englewood, Alpine, Englewood Cliffs, and Tenafly - Daily Voice
Thousands of 'Swifties' flock to MetLife for Taylor Swift's 2nd concert show - News 12 New Jersey
Thousands of 'Swifties' flock to MetLife for Taylor Swift's 2nd concert show News 12 New Jersey
- Photos: Greenwich Town Party offers jazzy beats, party atmosphere - Greenwich Time
- UWS school so overcrowded with migrants it can no longer provide popular programs: parents - New York Post
- It's official. Teaneck's Bischoff's is back and serving its prized ice cream - NorthJersey.com
- Brad Lander freezing deposits at Capital One and KeyBank for not providing 'anti-discrimination' plan - New York Post
- Hasbrouck Heights Teen Charged with Assault by Auto, Seriously Injuring an 11-Year Old at the Shore - TAPinto.net
- NYC immigration court backlog so flooded migrants could wait for up to a decade - New York Post
- Harlem kids beg for better schools as state nixes new charters - New York Post
- 10 years after launch, a look at how NYC's Citi Bike nearly failed - Gothamist
- Could changes to Stamford's charter stifle development, restrict housing stock? Voters may decide. - The Advocate
- INFANT OVERDOSE: Judge Frees Bergen Woman Charged With Endangerment After Baby Ingests Opioid - Daily Voice
- Man slashed in subway train station in the Bronx - WABC-TV
Unidentified Man Killed in Greenwich Crash - NBC Connecticut
Unidentified Man Killed in Greenwich Crash NBC Connecticut
- Passenger Killed On I-684 After Vehicle Struck Trees Near Airport - Patch
- ‘We’re sorry,’ school says. Graduates ‘have a right to be upset’ after disaster of N.J. commencement ceremony. - NJ.com
- Raging Overnight Fire Destroys River Edge Home | Hackensack Daily Voice | Serving Hackensack, Maywood, Rochelle Park, and South Hackensack - Daily Voice
- Taylor Swift MetLife Stadium concert review: A surprise-filled pop extravaganza fit for N.J. - NJ.com
- Why Kristin Richardson Jordan not seeking reelection is good for NYC - New York Post
TikTok user slams SeatGeek for Taylor Swift ticket scam - New York Post
TikTok user slams SeatGeek for Taylor Swift ticket scam New York Post
- Shellyne Rodriguez charged over machete threat toward Post reporter is latest example of nutty CUNY hires — here are 8 more - New York Post
- Façade Installation Begins on 550 Tenth Avenue in Hell's Kitchen, Manhattan - New York YIMBY
- Housing Lottery Launches for 69-03 and 69-05 Ditmars Boulevard in Ditmars-Steinway, Queens - New York YIMBY
Permits Filed for 599 Prospect Avenue in Melrose, The Bronx - New York YIMBY
Permits Filed for 599 Prospect Avenue in Melrose, The Bronx New York YIMBY
- The Dish: Cyndi Lauper dines in Greenwich and Guy Fieri tapes TV segment in Port Chester, N.Y. - Greenwich Time
- Car Splits in Half in Deadly Highway Crash in Bergen County - RLS Media
- Mount Pleasant issues emergency order over migrants, but NYC isn't sending any - The Journal News
- Former Mott Haven Bar & Grill site set to be legal cannibas dispensary by fall – Bronx Times - Bronx Times
- Uno Mas Owners Opening Allendale Social This Summer - Boozy Burbs
- A $91.6M mixed-use complex adds more housing to Jerome Avenue – Bronx Times - Bronx Times
- After death of Manor man who waited 14 minutes for transport, Pelham Town Board holds emergency meeting on ambulance service - Pelham Examiner